10 Weirdest Laws In Alaska
Alaska is known for its beautiful landscapes and vast wilderness, but it’s also home to some strange and unusual laws. From moose-related regulations to laws about feeding animals, here are 10 of the weirdest laws in Alaska.
1. It is illegal to wake up a sleeping bear for the purpose of taking a photograph
2. It is illegal to give a moose a beer
3. It is illegal to push a live moose out of a moving airplane
4. Flamingo hunting is illegal in Alaska
5. It is illegal to give a gift of a live hamster to someone in Anchorage
6. In Anchorage, it is illegal to tie a dog to the roof of a car
7. It is illegal to whisper in someone’s ear while they are moose hunting
8. It is illegal to view a moose from an airplane
9. It is illegal to tie a string across a street for the purpose of tripping horses
10. In Ketchikan, it is illegal to enter a public building with a gun, baseball bat or other weapon if you are drunk or have been drinking
While some of these laws may seem silly or unnecessary, they are still enforced in Alaska. It’s important to be aware of these laws if you’re planning a trip to the state, as violating them can result in fines or even jail time.