20 Things To Do In Atlanta Georgia
Atlanta, Georgia is a city with a rich history, vibrant culture, and diverse attractions that cater to a wide range of interests. Whether you’re a local resident, or a visitor looking for something to do, there’s always something exciting to explore in this bustling city. Here are 20 things to do in Atlanta that you won’t want to miss:
- Visit the Martin Luther King Jr. National Historic Site, which honors the life and legacy of the late civil rights leader.
- Take a tour of the World of Coca-Cola, which showcases the history and production of the world-famous soft drink.
- Explore the High Museum of Art, which boasts an impressive collection of American, European, and African art.
- Stroll through the Atlanta Botanical Garden, which features stunning gardens, water features, and unique exhibits.
- Visit the College Football Hall of Fame, which honors the game’s greatest players and coaches.
- Explore the Fernbank Museum of Natural History, which showcases the natural wonders of the world through interactive exhibits.
- Take a walk through the Atlanta History Center, which offers a look into the city’s rich past through exhibits, archives, and interactive displays.
- Visit the Georgia Aquarium, which houses over 100,000 sea creatures and is one of the largest aquariums in the world.
- Explore the Jimmy Carter Presidential Library and Museum, which provides insight into the life and legacy of the 39th U.S. president.
- Visit the Piedmont Park, which offers a peaceful oasis in the heart of the city and features walking trails, picnic areas, and a lake.
- Take a tour of the State Capitol, which houses the offices of Georgia’s governor and other state officials.
- Explore the Centennial Olympic Park, which was built for the 1996 Summer Olympics and features fountains, gardens, and walking trails.
- Visit the Zoo Atlanta, which features over 1,000 animals, including gorillas, pandas, and elephants.
- Take a stroll through Little Five Points, a bohemian neighborhood known for its eclectic shops, restaurants, and nightlife.
- Explore the Woodruff Arts Center, which houses the High Museum of Art, the Alliance Theatre, and the Atlanta Symphony Orchestra.
- Visit the Mercedes-Benz Stadium, home of the Atlanta Falcons NFL team and the Atlanta United MLS team.
- Take a tour of the CNN Center, headquarters of the world-famous news network.
- Explore the Michael C. Carlos Museum, which showcases ancient art from Egypt, Greece, and Rome.
- Visit the Philharmonic Hall, home of the Atlanta Symphony Orchestra.
- Take a stroll through the Inman Park, a historic neighborhood featuring Victorian homes, parks, and a bustling farmer’s market.
Whether you’re looking for a taste of history, a day at the museum, or a night on the town, Atlanta has something for everyone. Plan your trip today and start exploring this amazing city!