20 Things To Do In Austin Texas
Austin, Texas is a vibrant and diverse city with plenty to see and do. From outdoor activities and live music to delicious food and cultural attractions, Austin has something to offer for everyone. Here are 20 things to do in Austin, Texas:
- Visit Zilker Park – This large park in the heart of Austin offers hiking and biking trails, swimming in Barton Springs Pool, and kayaking on Town Lake.
- Explore the State Capitol – Take a tour of the Texas State Capitol, which is the largest state capitol building in the United States.
- See the bats at Congress Avenue Bridge – Watch as 1.5 million bats take flight from the Congress Avenue Bridge at sunset during the summer months.
- Visit the Texas History Museum – Learn about the state’s rich history at the Bullock Texas State History Museum.
- Check out the street art – Austin is home to a thriving street art scene, and many of the city’s murals and graffiti can be found in the downtown area.
- Take a hike at the Greenbelt – The Barton Creek Greenbelt offers miles of hiking and biking trails with beautiful views of the Austin Hill Country.
- Listen to live music – Austin is known as the “Live Music Capital of the World,” and the city offers a wide variety of music venues, from intimate clubs to large outdoor stages.
- Visit the University of Texas – Take a tour of the University of Texas at Austin, which is one of the largest and most respected public universities in the country.
- Explore the South Congress neighborhood – This trendy neighborhood offers a wide range of shops, restaurants, and bars, and is known for its live music and street performers.
- Visit the Blanton Museum of Art – This art museum on the University of Texas campus features an impressive collection of American and European art.
- Take a scenic drive on the Loop 360 – Take a drive on the Loop 360, also known as the “Capital of Texas Highway,” for beautiful views of the Austin Hill Country.
- Visit the LBJ Presidential Library – Learn about the life and legacy of President Lyndon B. Johnson at this presidential library on the University of Texas campus.
- Walk around the 2nd Street District – This downtown area offers a wide range of shops, restaurants, and bars, and is known for its lively nightlife scene.
- Visit the Texas Memorial Museum – Learn about the natural history of Texas at this museum on the University of Texas campus.
- Take a swim in Hamilton Pool – This natural swimming hole, located just outside of Austin, offers beautiful views and clear, cool water.
- Visit the Austin Nature and Science Center – This center offers hands-on exhibits and educational programs about the natural history of Texas.
- See a show at the Paramount Theater – This historic theater, located in the heart of downtown Austin, offers a wide variety of live performances, from plays and musicals to concerts and comedy shows.
- Take a walk along the Lady Bird Lake Hike-and-Bike Trail – This 10-mile trail offers beautiful views of the Austin skyline and the Texas Hill Country.
- Visit the Bullock Texas State History Museum – Learn about the history of Texas at this museum, which features exhibits on the state’s indigenous peoples, early settlers, and more.
- Visit the Austin Aquarium – This family-friendly attraction offers a wide range of marine and freshwater animals, from sharks and rays to reptiles and amphibians.
These are just a few of the many things to do in Austin, Texas. With its diverse range of events and attractions this is a place that everyone could enjoy. You will definitely find something to do in this wonderful city.