20 Things To Do In New Orleans Louisiana
New Orleans, Louisiana is a city rich in culture, history, and entertainment. Known for its vibrant nightlife, delicious food, and unique architecture, there is always something to see and do in the Big Easy. Here are 20 things to add to your New Orleans bucket list:
- Take a stroll down Bourbon Street to experience the lively atmosphere and catch some live music.
- Visit the French Quarter, home to famous landmarks such as Jackson Square and the St. Louis Cathedral.
- Sample some authentic Cajun and Creole cuisine at one of the city’s many restaurants, such as Commander Palace or Galatoire’s.
- Take a tour of the Garden District to see the beautiful antebellum homes and lush gardens.
- Visit the National WWII Museum to learn about the role of New Orleans in the war effort.
- Take a swamp tour to see alligators and other wildlife in their natural habitats.
- Visit the New Orleans Museum of Art to see works by local and international artists.
- Take a ride on the St. Charles Streetcar to see the city from a different perspective.
- Visit the Audubon Aquarium of the Americas to see a wide variety of sea life.
- Take a ghost tour to hear about the city’s haunted history.
- Visit the Lafayette Cemetery to see the above-ground tombs and learn about the city’s unique burial customs.
- Attend a jazz concert at Preservation Hall to hear some of the city’s best musicians.
- Visit the New Orleans Pharmacy Museum to learn about the history of medicine in the city.
- Take a cooking class to learn how to make some of the city’s famous dishes.
- Visit the Confederate Memorial Hall to learn about the city’s role in the Civil War.
- Take a bike tour to see the city’s diverse neighborhoods and architecture.
- Visit the New Orleans African American Museum to learn about the city’s African American history and culture.
- Visit the New Orleans Museum of Southern Art to learn about the city’s southern art and history.
- Visit the New Orleans City Park to enjoy the beautiful gardens, lagoons, and sculptures.
- Visit the New Orleans Museum of Southern History to learn about the history of the city and the south.
New Orleans is a great place to visit and these are just a few of the many things to see and do in the city. Whether you’re interested in history, culture, food, or entertainment, you’re sure to find something that interests you in the Big Easy.