20 Things To Do In Detroit Michigan
Detroit, Michigan is a city with a rich history, diverse culture, and plenty of things to do and see. Whether you’re a local or a tourist, there are many activities and attractions that are sure to keep you entertained and engaged. Here are 20 things to do in Detroit:
- Visit the Detroit Institute of Arts: One of the most famous museums in the city, it is home to an impressive collection of art from around the world, including works by famous artists such as Van Gogh and Monet.
- Explore the Charles H. Wright Museum of African American History: This museum showcases the contributions and experiences of African Americans throughout history.
- Take a stroll through the Historic Corktown neighborhood: The oldest neighborhood in Detroit, it offers a glimpse into the city’s past and has a variety of restaurants and shops.
- Visit the Ford Piquette Avenue Plant: The birthplace of the Model T and an important part of Detroit’s automobile history.
- Check out the Heidelberg Project: An outdoor art installation that transforms a rundown neighborhood into a colorful and thought-provoking display.
- See a game at Comerica Park: Home of the Detroit Tigers, the stadium offers great views and a lively atmosphere.
- Take a tour of the GM Renaissance Center: A iconic skyscraper that offers great views of the city and the Detroit River.
- Visit the Motown Museum: Learn about the history of the famous record label and see artifacts from famous artists such as Stevie Wonder and Diana Ross.
- Go to the Detroit Science Center: A great place to take kids, this interactive museum offers a wide range of exhibits and hands-on activities.
- Explore the Eastern Market: The largest historic public market district in the US, it offers an array of fresh produce, unique shops, and delicious food.
- See a show at the Fox Theatre: A iconic Detroit landmark, this historic theatre hosts a variety of performances, including concerts, plays, and ballets.
- Take a walk or bike ride along the Detroit Riverfront: The RiverWalk offers great views of the city and the river and is perfect for a leisurely stroll or bike ride.
- Visit the Belle Isle Park: A 982-acre island park, it offers a variety of recreational activities such as fishing, hiking, and biking.
- See the “The Spirit of Detroit” sculpture: One of the most iconic symbols of the city, it is located in the heart of downtown and is a great spot for photos.
- Visit the Detroit Public Library: The main branch is a beautiful and historic building that offers a variety of services and resources.
- Take a trip to the Greenfield Village: This living history museum offers a glimpse into the past with exhibits and artifacts from the 18th and 19th centuries.
- Visit the Henry Ford Museum: This museum offers a wide range of exhibits on American history, including transportation, industry and innovation.
- Take a trip to the Detroit Zoo: The zoo has a wide variety of animals, from lions and tigers to polar bears and penguins.
- See a show at the Detroit Opera House: this historic theater hosts a variety of performances, including operas, ballets, and concerts.
- Take a trip to the Campus Martius Park: this park is a great place to relax and enjoy the outdoors, with a variety of amenities such as a playground, skating rink, and water feature.
In addition to these well-known attractions, Detroit also offers a variety of lesser-known but equally interesting things to do. The city has a lot to offer and always has something to do. It’s a great place to explore.