Greenville, North Carolina is a city that offers a wide range of activities and attractions for visitors. From the arts and history to nature and outdoor activities, Greenville has something to offer for everyone. Here are 20 things to do in Greenville, North Carolina:
- Visit the Greenville Museum of Art. This museum features a collection of art from around the world, including works by American and European artists.
- Explore the Greenville Zoo. The Greenville Zoo is home to a wide variety of animals, including lions, tigers, bears, monkeys, and birds.
- Take a stroll through the Greenville Town Common. This beautiful park features a pond, walking trails, and a variety of gardens, making it a great place to relax and enjoy nature.
- Visit the East Carolina University. This large and dynamic University is home to several museums, such as the Mitchell-Harvey Museum of Anthropology and the Joyner Library.
- Take a tour of the Greenville History Museum. This museum is dedicated to preserving the history of Greenville and the surrounding area.
- Visit the Greenville-Pitt County Convention & Visitors Bureau. This Visitors Bureau is a great resource for visitors to Greenville. Staff can provide information on local hotels, restaurants, and events.
- Take a boat tour on the Tar River. This scenic waterway is a great place to relax and enjoy the natural beauty of Greenville.
- Go to the Greenville-Pitt County Arts Council. The Arts Council promotes and supports the arts in Greenville, including theater, music, and visual arts.
- Visit the Governor Caswell Memorial. This historic site honors North Carolina’s first governor, Richard Caswell.
- Take a hike on the Greenville-Snow Hill Rail Trail. This trail follows the path of a former railroad line and offers beautiful views of the surrounding area.
- Visit the Greenville Mall. This mall features a variety of stores and shops, making it a great destination for shoppers.
- Take a walk along the Greenville Greenway. This trail system offers a great way to explore the city’s natural beauty and is perfect for walking, jogging, or biking.
- Visit the Greenville Farmers Market. This market offers fresh produce, meats, and cheeses from local farmers and vendors.
- Take a drive out to the Grifton Shad Festival. This annual festival celebrates the shad fish, which is a traditional food of the area.
- Visit the Greenville Little Theatre. This theater offers a variety of plays and performances throughout the year.
- Take a walk or bike ride through the Vidant Medical Center. This large medical center features beautiful gardens and walking paths.
- Visit the Greenville Aquatics and Fitness Center. This center features a pool, fitness equipment, and a variety of classes and activities.
- Take a drive out to the A.J. Fletcher Opera Theater. This theater offers a variety of performances and shows throughout the year.
In conclusion, Greenville, North Carolina is a city that offers a wide range of activities and attractions for visitors. From the arts and history to nature and outdoor activities, Greenville has something to offer for everyone. Whether you’re visiting for a day or a week, there are plenty of things to do in the Emerald City.