20 Things To Do In St. Louis Missouri
St. Louis, Missouri is a city with a rich history, diverse culture, and plenty of things to see and do. Whether you’re a history buff, a foodie, or just looking for some fun, there’s something for everyone in St. Louis. Here are 20 things to do in the city:
- Visit the Gateway Arch: This iconic 630-foot tall monument is a symbol of the city and offers stunning views of the Mississippi River and downtown St. Louis.
- Take a ride on the Gateway Arch Riverboat: This boat ride will take you on a tour of the Mississippi River and provides a unique perspective on the Gateway Arch and the city.
- Explore the Missouri Botanical Garden: This 79-acre garden features a wide variety of plants, flowers, and gardens, including the Japanese Garden, the Climatron, and the Victorian District.
- Visit the Saint Louis Art Museum: This museum features a wide variety of art, including contemporary, modern, and ancient works from around the world.
- See a baseball game at Busch Stadium: Home to the St. Louis Cardinals, Busch Stadium is a must-visit for baseball fans.
- Take a tour of Anheuser-Busch Brewery: Learn about the history of beer making and sample some of the brewery’s famous beers.
- Visit the City Museum: This museum is a combination of art, history, and fun, featuring exhibits, playgrounds, and an aquarium.
- Visit the Cathedral Basilica of Saint Louis: This beautiful and historic church features stunning mosaics and stained-glass windows.
- Walk around Forest Park: This beautiful park is home to a variety of attractions, including the Saint Louis Zoo, the Saint Louis Science Center, and the Missouri History Museum.
- Visit the Saint Louis Union Station: This historic train station has been converted into a shopping and entertainment complex.
- Visit the Hill: This historic neighborhood is home to a large Italian-American community and features many restaurants and shops.
- Take a bike ride on the Katy Trail: This 225-mile trail runs through Missouri and offers beautiful views of the countryside.
- Visit the Gateway to the West: This historic monument commemorates the Lewis and Clark Expedition and is located at the Gateway Arch.
- Visit the Saint Louis Science Center: This science museum features a variety of interactive exhibits and a planetarium.
- Visit the Saint Louis Zoo: This zoo is home to over 18,000 animals and features a variety of exhibits and attractions.
- Visit the Missouri History Museum: This museum features exhibits on the history of Missouri and the city of St. Louis.
- Take a tour of the Old Courthouse: This historic building was the site of the Dred Scott case and offers tours and exhibits on the history of the city.
- Visit the Saint Louis City Hall: This historic building offers tours and exhibits on the history of the city.
- Visit the Saint Louis University: The oldest university west of the Mississippi, offers guided tours and exhibits on its history and architecture.
- Visit the Soulard Farmers’ Market: One of the oldest farmers’ markets in the country, offers a wide variety of local produce, meat, and dairy products, as well as handmade crafts and baked goods.
Overall, St. Louis offers a wide variety of activities for everyone, from the Gateway Arch and city museums, to the Zoo, Forest Park and the Missouri Botanical Garden. Foodies will enjoy the city’s famous Pizza, BBQ, and Gooey Butter Cake. It’s a great city to explore with plenty to do.